Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
At Smiles of Carolina, patient education is one of our highest priorities. We believe that an educated patient is an empowered patient. We welcome your questions and promise to always take the time to explain recommended procedures and treatments thoroughly before asking you to make a decision.
We’ve compiled a selection of questions our patients commonly ask us. Take a peek and see if your question is answered here. If not, please feel free to contact us so we can assist you.
- How often should my family and I come in for professional cleanings?
- I brush and floss my teeth daily. Why do I need a professional cleaning?
- Am I a good candidate for professional teeth whitening?
- What is the difference between professional teeth whitening and over-the-counter whitening kits?
- I need a cleaning and an examination, but I work full time. Can you help?
- Do root canals hurt?
- What are tooth-colored fillings made of?
- Why are digital x-rays better than traditional film x-rays?
- Am I too old for orthodontic treatment?
- What can happen if I don't treat my periodontal disease?
- What is bruxism?
- Can people tell if I have a dental crown or bridge?
- Are dentures or partials covered by my insurance?
- Should I get dental implants or dentures?
- Why can't I just have the cleaning that's covered by my insurance?